Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peter Lynn buggies differents
Chicagokitejumping

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 10:24 PM
Peter Lynn buggies differents

Long time ago I didn't check the Peter Lynn products , but recently I notice they upgrades the buggy forks

whats the mayor different between these to model Peter Drifter and Rally ? and why they did those upgraded from the old model ?

Thank you

Flysurfer Speed 4 Lotus 12
Peter Lynn Charger 12.0
Blokart V3
Neo 11.0
Crossfire II 6,5
Beamer 3,6
MBS Pro 95
MBS PRO 90
MBS COMP 90
Ozone Flow 5.0
Ozone Access 8.0 XT
Flysurfer Speed3 Deluxe 12
Flysurfer Unity 12
Montana V- 9.5
Blokart V-3
NAPKA Member US97
awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 07:38 PM

Difference is night and day. :) These new buggies are built ultra strong compared to the older models. Metal is thicker, welds are better, tubing is stronger all the way around. Very high quality buggies. The footprint is a little larger than the older models but only a small bit. Both the Drifter and the Rally are the same size in all aspects. The Drifter is a stainless steel model and the Rally is a black powder coated steel model. They are available in standard and wide tire configurations. Right now the Bigfoot version has not yet been released. If you want the wide tires you will need to get the XW (extra wide) front fork. The XW will NOT fit a bigfoot tire but you can mount bigfoots on the rear axle. The parts from the old buggies to the new buggies are NOT interchangeable. Parts are getting a little harder to get for the older models as well. PL has been out of stock on some front forks and big foot rear axles for the older buggies for nearly a year and it doesn't look like they are going to building any more. All the older parts are listed as discontinued as they sell out of stock. :(

We have sold quite a few of these new buggies already and have them both in stock, including the XW versions of both the Drifter and Rally. Everyone who has purchased one really loves it and agrees it is a huge improvement over the older models.

They are a little bit heavier than the original PL bugs but the extra strength and higher quality is well worth it. One person can still throw one around with ease though.

The Bigfoot version should be out pretty soon. It was pushed back on production because of some issues they were having but that was a while ago and it should be getting pretty close to release.

Chicagokitejumping

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 10:13 PM

Thank you ! thats what I was thinking , they try to keep up with the competition and look like they are doing good

Flysurfer Speed 4 Lotus 12
Peter Lynn Charger 12.0
Blokart V3
Neo 11.0
Crossfire II 6,5
Beamer 3,6
MBS Pro 95
MBS PRO 90
MBS COMP 90
Ozone Flow 5.0
Ozone Access 8.0 XT
Flysurfer Speed3 Deluxe 12
Flysurfer Unity 12
Montana V- 9.5
Blokart V-3
NAPKA Member US97
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 8-29-2017 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by awindofchange  
Difference is night and day. :) These new buggies are built ultra strong compared to the older models. Metal is thicker, welds are better, tubing is stronger all the way around. Very high quality buggies. The footprint is a little larger than the older models but only a small bit. Both the Drifter and the Rally are the same size in all aspects. The Drifter is a stainless steel model and the Rally is a black powder coated steel model. They are available in standard and wide tire configurations. Right now the Bigfoot version has not yet been released. If you want the wide tires you will need to get the XW (extra wide) front fork. The XW will NOT fit a bigfoot tire but you can mount bigfoots on the rear axle. The parts from the old buggies to the new buggies are NOT interchangeable. Parts are getting a little harder to get for the older models as well. PL has been out of stock on some front forks and big foot rear axles for the older buggies for nearly a year and it doesn't look like they are going to building any more. All the older parts are listed as discontinued as they sell out of stock. :(

We have sold quite a few of these new buggies already and have them both in stock, including the XW versions of both the Drifter and Rally. Everyone who has purchased one really loves it and agrees it is a huge improvement over the older models.

They are a little bit heavier than the original PL bugs but the extra strength and higher quality is well worth it. One person can still throw one around with ease though.

The Bigfoot version should be out pretty soon. It was pushed back on production because of some issues they were having but that was a while ago and it should be getting pretty close to release.

Thanks for the description Ken! They do look like a nice step forward and as you say more strongly put together. I can't help but wonder though why on earth they didn't curve up the side rails to allow for better back support. It was a night and day difference in my PL BigFoot when I went with Van's rail and seat upgrade, it truly transformed the buggy! It looks as if they went part way there, but I wonder why they didn't go all the way?

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 8-29-2017 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windstruck  
I can't help but wonder though why on earth they didn't curve up the side rails to allow for better back support. It was a night and day difference in my PL BigFoot when I went with Van's rail and seat upgrade, it truly transformed the buggy! It looks as if they went part way there, but I wonder why they didn't go all the way?

I expect because they are partially marketing both buggies as free-style entries. Sort of like ditching the seat on a trials bike. ;)

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio