Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: took Crabbie II out again...
jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 14-8-2023 at 01:12 PM
took Crabbie II out again...

flying with a Libre Vampir Race Pro 15.5m2 in a mild wind :cool:

kteguru

[*] posted on 14-8-2023 at 05:37 PM

Great video and lovely beach. At least this one doesn't have any wind turbines on it ;) .
I think you guys definitely have nicer beaches on the other side of the atlantic. All of ours are either a mess or have condo's all over them :(.

Looking at your vampire race pro makes me wonder if Libre is still in business. I should have gotten some of the first gen Spirits back in the day. I really liked the way they flew.
RedSky
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 14-8-2023 at 08:13 PM

Nice one Jantie. :thumbup:
Just rewatched your Longest Day wind turbine video.

I noticed you're using a rope to tow the buggy back to the carpark. I was going to suggest a hitch but of course, this is a crab buggy talking about here, not sure how it would work.

Hey kteguru, I owned a 4.7m Libre Spirit back in the day. Lovely kite, they just slice through the air like a sword
jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 14-8-2023 at 11:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kteguru  
Great video and lovely beach. At least this one doesn't have any wind turbines on it ;) .
I think you guys definitely have nicer beaches on the other side of the atlantic. All of ours are either a mess or have condo's all over them :(.

Looking at your vampire race pro makes me wonder if Libre is still in business. I should have gotten some of the first gen Spirits back in the day. I really liked the way they flew.

thanks kteguru, we have around 300km of shoreline, but are only allowed to buggy on appprox 4% of it... :(
the webpage Libre is still up and running, but don't manufactor fixed bridle kite's anymore from what i've heard.
Spirit I came next after the Race Pro's, but fly and preform almost identical.

Quote: Originally posted by RedSky  
Nice one Jantie. :thumbup:
Just rewatched your Longest Day wind turbine video.

I noticed you're using a rope to tow the buggy back to the carpark. I was going to suggest a hitch but of course, this is a crab buggy talking about here, not sure how it would work.

thanks Red, a rope i can put in my bag and take with me on the Crab. in case a line, kite or harnas breaks it's easier
to walk back with it than pushing it to basecamp. a hitch like most guys use is also used to tow another buggy
but can't be folded in to a bag
:D
with my Crab in tandem-style is only fun if i can also fly a kite, but that it's only possible in 1 direction if it were pulled by another bug ;)
it could work with 2 Crabbies, but nobody else has one here in NL.. :(

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio