Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: harness line /chicken loop repair?
Jason-G

[*] posted on 14-1-2024 at 10:40 AM
harness line /chicken loop repair?

How does one replace the tubing that covers the chicken loop/harness line? Also, these are still both functional but I wonder if they are still safe. The ozone harness line was in the car for a while (months) and may have been exposed to sun because the last time I used the kite there were no tears. Without somehow breaking the sewed on connection point I don't have a clue and I do not sew. I see lots of windsurf lines that would work but they do not have a safety release. Although I have never pulled a harness safety, I like having one just in case.

Thanks
Jason

IMG_9605.JPG - 63kB
kteguru

[*] posted on 15-1-2024 at 05:05 PM

Usually the poly tubing cracks and breaks down with time and UV exposure. If the tubing is sewn at the end you probably won't be able to swap it out. Generally as long as the amsteel underneath hasn't been affected or cut in any way then it's probably fine and still serviceable. I would just remove the tubing and continue using it or if you were concerned you could just change it out for a modern safety. If the upper piece with yellow tubing is being used with handles then I'd just use a standard strop or remove the tubing also. On handle kites there really isn't much benefit to having a covered strop. Just makes things more difficult actually.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:
Cheers :cool:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio