Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NO Beach
solarix

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 15-6-2008 at 08:30 PM
NO Beach

What to do with no beach? 15-20 mph an no way to get a kite in the air. Inflatable is looking very good.

???
Jerry:ticking:

Revolution I & II, QuadTrac Pro Foil 1m, Pansh Legend 3m, HQ Beamer III 4m, Pansh Ace 6m, Psycho1 15.5m, LaCrosse Wind meter, Dakine Pyro, 2 home brew water boards, Predator Helmets
burritobandit

[*] posted on 15-6-2008 at 09:33 PM

Paste use a google maps link to your launch/flying area so maybe we can give you ideas. Also tell us the wind direction and water depth.

Kites:
2012 TS 7,9,12/2007 Waroo 3,5/2009 Kahoona 9.5
Flexifoil Ion 2 8.5
HQ Hydra 350
Naish Helix 2, Cult 3,4.5
Ozone Zephyr 17m
Rides:
2011 Best Profanity 134, Cabrinha Kiteskate, Cabrinha Nugget, 2k9 Cabrinha Plasma 146x50, 2k9 Flexifoil Delta 139x41.5, 2011 Slingshot Darko 135x41, Slingshot Scud, Tona wakeskate, Flexifoil Flexdeck, MBS Pro 90, MBS Ambush x 2, some oldskool buggy
solarix

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 16-6-2008 at 06:37 PM

Full size

I think I have my wife talked into buying and using a jet ski for safety and she could carry the kite and set it up on the water and assist with landing etc. Otherwise it is going to be months before the beach is back.

Jerry

Revolution I & II, QuadTrac Pro Foil 1m, Pansh Legend 3m, HQ Beamer III 4m, Pansh Ace 6m, Psycho1 15.5m, LaCrosse Wind meter, Dakine Pyro, 2 home brew water boards, Predator Helmets
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 16-6-2008 at 07:11 PM

On one spot I go kitesurfing, the water level is too high now, and no beach.

If you have shallow water you can walk with your Flysurfer far enough from the trees or other obstacles, you can launch the kite directly from the water

I had some problem on the first attempts but now it's OK.
I did not succeed alone.

I unwind the lines, I preinflate the kite, I fold it in 2, then I go with the bar, and an helper walks the kite holding it by the 2 wingtips. Far enough after I put some tensions in the lines (far enough from the kite), the helper can let the kite go. Some water might get it but with enough wind, I can shank the front lines and hot launch it

of course, it's easier with an inflatable

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio