Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 07 Yarga?
NPWfever
Posting Freak

Mood: Is now a P2 pilot, flying a Charly One Harness, and an Ozone Buzz Z =D

[*] posted on 26-7-2008 at 06:27 PM
07 Yarga?

Hey I love my stuff, but lets face it, it's crap, I can live with the Boxer, and the Bomba, but I can't kite on an 8 year old S-ARC, I mean for snow, okay maybe, but if I am realisticly going to be in this sport I need better kites. So, right now Best is holding a 3 for 2 deal on the 07 Yarga, and I really like the idea of being able to switch from a C to a hybrid kite. I don't have too much $ to throw around at this point, but my parents are seeing the reality of me kiting on old stuff is dangerous. So I think I can weasel some $$$ out of them. So should I sell the Bomba and buy a 13m a 9m and another 9m and sell the second 9?

But heres the other side, I am mainly a land kiter, I am out on snow figure 40% of the time, land 40%, and water 20% of the time, so is it really practical to have an LEI? Snow is cool, water is cool, but what about grass fields?

UUUGGHHH.....this is such a hard decision, I love my Bomba but a 17m is a huge kite, does it really fit in anywhere? The Boxer is nice, and idk what I would really do with that, it kinda overlaps a 13+9 quiver. And an 8 year old kite is a pile of ripstop really.

HELP ME!!!!!!!! :lol:

\"Once you have flown you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return\" Leonardo Da Vinci

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
_____

Mood: Wanting wind

[*] posted on 26-7-2008 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NPWfever
I don't have too much $ to throw around at this point, but my parents are seeing the reality of me kiting on old stuff is dangerous. So I think I can weasel some $$$ out of them.

Hahaha I read that out loud and my mom asked if you were my brother because that sounded just like somthing I would say :lol:

~Jason

PL Twister II 5.6 :D
kiteNH

[*] posted on 26-7-2008 at 07:03 PM

If you're only on water 20% then I don't think you really want 2 to get two LEI's. Have you ever flown an 07 Best Yarga? If not you might not want to make such a big investment. I'm not sure that its really that good a deal because as part of the 3 for 2 they have you paying full retail them. So you're paying $2400 for a 13 and 2 9's. Then you sell one 9 for what $500, maybe $600 if you're really lucky. Now you have two kites and 1 bar (the deal said it only came with 2) for $1800. Do you really want to pay $900 a pop for kites that are about to be 2 years old already? I think that you could do much better than that really. For that kind of loot you should be SURE that this is a kite that you're going to be happy with because I think you'll take a huge loss on them when you sell them second hand also.

I think you're probably feeling the impulse on this one because it looks like a good deal. I'm guessing that a kite or two in your quiver could be a result of jumping on a kite because of the great price rather than because it was the one you were really dreaming about. :rolleyes:

You could get a brand new Frenzy 9m and used 6m Access as another more land based option for that money as well. I don't think I'd want to do all that pumping when it wasn't really needed. Foils just seem easier on land and like a much more robust and durable option. Plus the Ozone depowers really hold their value well. .

If you do so much flying on land, but want to hit the water too then maybe a Flysurfer should be in your future? For about the $1800 you could buy Dom's 2 FS quiver. I've never flown FS so can't really advocate them but I do know that lots of people swear by them.

Here is a starter kit that caught my eye (but I decided against). Not sure if its even still available but it seems like a lot of kite for a $1000. http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-9709.html

Also, this add here made me think of you NPW! Your kind of mixed bag of tricks....:lol::lol:
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-9643.html

manitoulinkiter1

[*] posted on 26-7-2008 at 08:13 PM

HI.

Just my 2 cents, but I mostly fly inflatables, and I use them on land for landboarding. I have never had any trouble with them, but I use bow or sle kites and just let go if I'm going to crash. That way the kite hits the ground depowered. I don't do much jumping on the landboard tough and don't crash the kite to often either.
If I was in your position I would consider that Yargas are C kites and have a limited wind range. A bow kite or sle like a waroo or bularoo in 11 or 12 meter range will have the same wind range or very close to the 2 Yargas. You can pick one up an 07 for about 500 bucks, and if you dont like it you could sell it for close to that.
I have a waroo, but haven't used it a lot but it's a good kite so far. A sligshot turbo deisel or Cabrihna switchblade or crossbow are also exellent bow kites.
Hope this helps just my thoughts

Jon
burritobandit

[*] posted on 30-7-2008 at 12:09 PM

Also you can get those yargas way cheaper here:

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BST0014/Best-Kiteboa...

Bularoos are cheaper here:
http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BST0013/Best-Kiteboa...

You can actually luck out on steepandcheap.com and find those kites even CHEAPER than the prices above, but you have to play the waiting game :/

Kites:
2012 TS 7,9,12/2007 Waroo 3,5/2009 Kahoona 9.5
Flexifoil Ion 2 8.5
HQ Hydra 350
Naish Helix 2, Cult 3,4.5
Ozone Zephyr 17m
Rides:
2011 Best Profanity 134, Cabrinha Kiteskate, Cabrinha Nugget, 2k9 Cabrinha Plasma 146x50, 2k9 Flexifoil Delta 139x41.5, 2011 Slingshot Darko 135x41, Slingshot Scud, Tona wakeskate, Flexifoil Flexdeck, MBS Pro 90, MBS Ambush x 2, some oldskool buggy
barnes

Mood: Wind!

[*] posted on 30-7-2008 at 12:53 PM

the 9 and 13 quiver I'm trying to build is of SLEs that have much better depower then the Yargas, the C kite.

Look for 06 Cabrinah, Ozone, Flexifoil SLEs, which will go for around $400. A 9 and a 13 is what I'm going to use, and pretty much everyone I've talked to is using.

Kites: 16m PL Scorpion, 9m & 14m 06 Best Waroo
Vehicles: Thrift store snowboard, fraken-ATB, Old Litewave water board.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio