Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Venom 19......Wow.
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 13-8-2008 at 05:53 PM
Venom 19......Wow.

What a BEAST! Airborne four times and all I did was swing it from 10 o'clock to zenith and pulled in the bar. (It was only a foot or so - no worries about being over my head here and becoming a statistic).

The weatherman said 16-21mph which a load 'cuz I think they only measure it at the top of the hour and she was luffing completely in the lulls....dropped right back to the ground once. I'd guess maybe 10-15mph:thumbup:, lulling to zero:thumbdown:.

Self launch was a snap. Popped up in the air like it had been feeling cooped up in the bag for so long. "Clapped" once on me as it was luffing back down to the ground, came all the way back, rolled over, pulled the bottom rear, lifted the front line connection point and up she swung again.

.....I'm in awe. Thanks BigKahuna!

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
kiteNH

[*] posted on 14-8-2008 at 09:50 AM

What do you think your wind range might be with that on snow?

Also, I'd love to here what you think about your PL's compared to the Access sometime.

macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 14-8-2008 at 10:13 AM

I don't know how they are in apparent wind but if yesterday was any indication I'd bet we'd be rideable from about 8mph (clean) to who knows what. The specs say something like 8-19 knots, so roughly 9-21mph?

I'd be scared on snow with this thing at 21mph.....our winds are notoriously 8-12mph so I think this will be a great fit. Still need more wind than we normally get for kiteboarding with this but I reckon it'll be a while before I'm routinely hitting water so I might as well focus on the land / snow activity for now. By then I'll have my Silverarrow ; )

The autozenith is surely going to teach me some bad habits. I do love the Access don't get me wrong - it'll be out of the bag quicker, in lighter winds and pulling harder than the Guerilla or the Phantom which just won't get off the ground. If the winds were perfect for everyone though I might have a hard time grabbing the Access over the PLs. I'll know very quickly once the snow flies again. Relaunch? Access has it hands down, but the PLs technically don't need to hit the ground. Landing is easier on the Access too come to think of it. I sold off the LEIs because I'm solo more often than not so assisted launches and landings are not always available. The PLs are manageable - the foils a snap.

To be honest I find the responsiveness of the Brooza so appealing that it's become the go-to kite when I strap any wheeled object to my feet. Our field is rather small so each cut is about 10 seconds at best before you gotta turn around. Even in that little stretch I am reminded of the smooth power generated from the apparent wind on that thing - it's an amazing kite. The depowerables are nice steady tuggers but I don't find them agile enough for the close quarters of my local field. On the frozen, snow-covered lakes it a completely different matter and I'll park a big depowerable any day.

I'll give a full debrief on the Access vs PL when I'm back on skis. That'll be the fairest testing ground.

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
PHREERIDER
Posting Freak

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 14-8-2008 at 11:10 AM

4-6ft static pop jump. has become regular idle fun on my V16.

once you start you just can't stop. is the float sweet or what.

wait til you get that joker rollin' in about 20mph the holy grail of flying will be at hand

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
bigkahuna

[*] posted on 14-8-2008 at 11:49 AM

Hey macboy,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the kite! Of all the PL's that really was my favorite. Self landing is super easy, I usually flew it backwards to just over the ground then released it to its leash. And yes, jumps with that kite are super easy and soft.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio