Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: U-Turn Butane 6.5
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 15-8-2008 at 07:10 PM
U-Turn Butane 6.5

What a thrill this kite is...

I had an underwear cleaning experience the first day I flew this with everybody in stitches laughing at me, having to walk a 1/8 mile back to the staging area...

This go around, I wasn't overpowered and had the time of my life with it... absolute amazing POWER... this kite is a race kite dream... incredibly stable and solid, very easy to fly, and boy do I mean fly... The kite could fly way up in the window without a hint of a luff or tip fold, all while pulling like a top fuel alcohol dragster... another thing that was nice was that with a lil break applied it would set back in the window and when it did it felt like a double shot off the NOS bottle... And you better be ready for it because it will break the back end loose on the bug, like roasting the tires in a muscle car (all fish tailie)... when making a turn toward it, it seemed that it was hard to catch up to the kite and make it loose inflation or fall out of the air (very nice)...:thumbup:

I'm surprised not to see the mach speed cloud form around it when I hit Mach speed... It was probably there and couldn't see it due to the speed blurs:D...

fast fast fast... I think I might have to steal this kite from DAKITEZ demo bag... sorry Rip...:frog:

I honestly need to get a go on some more race kites to see the difference between them... but I can honestly say the U-Turn has set the bar high on my list...

I can tell It won't be long before race kites start making there way into my quiver... and I'm seriously considering U-Turn...

I'd also like to add if not said in any previous threads, It build quality seems second to none... they seem to have the best quality materials and solid seamstress work...

I give it a 9 out of 10 because I'm unsure I know what a 10 is yet... this might have to change to a 10 out of 10 in the future...:D

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-8-2008 at 07:45 PM

It's great that you have a Uturn there to compare with Panshes new racekite offering. It's a bit like with there handles ( that I understand are getting better ) . They look like they are good until you sit them next to handles by Ozone and the like. I expect a side by side of those 2 sails will be similar ????

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 15-8-2008 at 08:01 PM

I'll tell you right now with the very limited time I had on both. The pansh race kite is not going to equal the butan. It will come down to the age old debate with pansh "its a good kite for the money"
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-8-2008 at 08:13 PM

I am thinking , without seeing the Pansh that The Uturn is 10 times the kite at 3 or 4 times the price. :puzzled:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
SCREWYFITS

[*] posted on 15-8-2008 at 11:37 PM

hhmmmmm... you might be surprised... I'd say close to 1/4 the kite at a 1/8 the price (my guess)... sounds good to me... I'll tell you though the U-Turn... Damn, what a fun kite...

Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 03:17 AM

wow, thanks! ;)

keep on riding ... Elkiter will have his Nitro 3.1 in a few weeks if you can meet up with him. he's also got a butan 3.5m as well.

since my series gets in (~5 weeks) ... i'll be sending you / dakitez my nitro 4.9m. hope you can wait. :ninja:

my goal is to make Screwy pee his pants. j/k :saint:

RonH

Mood: Missing Sunset Beach

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 08:31 AM

I have flown Dirtslide's Butanes a bit... I think his 7.8 hits the sweet spot for the winds we get here.

If you think the butan is fast, wait til you fly the nitro:cool: ( I haven't flown the nitro yet! Too much kite for our smallish flying field for me.)

I hope you guys have smooth winds for the smaller (3ish) kites. They are race kites and love smooth wind. My experience on the 3.5 butan was in conditions that were not ideal and all I can say is do not take your eyes off the kite in bumpy wind. If yo do, it will make you pay:evil:

Ron
SCREWYFITS

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 09:42 AM

hey Ron, we are very fortunate to have coastal smooth winds at a sod farm that allows us on their fields, so sounds good to try one of them...

Rip...
It's not good enough that I pooped them already... :o :lol:
based on what I'm hearing my scale is off (0-10) so I better get some more race kite experience... I got to get my bug project done to handle this mess I've gotten into...:evil:

Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
Sthrasher38
Posting Freak

Mood: Stable ;)

[*] posted on 16-8-2008 at 10:00 AM

I didnt fly it that day But I was there and it was great to see SCREWY shoot down that field. It was a little wet next to the sprinklers and about mid field 2 sec. after sitting in the bug you could barely see him from the mist he was crusing! What gets me about race kites I have only flown one.(Pablos) 6m. combat. and had the same experience. Is that they got from 0-60 Right now!! They are fast. You end up getting to the end of the field so fast you have to start slowing down to make the turn at mid field. Just talking about race kites gets your blood pumping. A race kite and a de-power is a must to have at Nabx this year!:borg:

Beamer 1.8
Prism Stylus 2.5
Pansh Blaze 3.0
Flexifoil Bullet 4.5
NPW 4.8
Flexifoil Blade 6.4
Rockville Buggy
Thanks Power kite forum and Members.
andya

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 05:56 AM
Pansh Sprint

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
I'll tell you right now with the very limited time I had on both. The pansh race kite is not going to equal the butan. It will come down to the age old debate with pansh "its a good kite for the money"

In tests with the top racers in the UK the Pansh Sprint is outpacing the older Raptor derivatives - Century and Butane, and keeping pace with the Yaks.

To be honest these are not the targets for the Pansh Sprint. It need to be up there with the 2009 kites, Mark2 Bridle Combat, the Gin Tonkawa, Libre Spirit and Peter Lynn prototype racekite, if its to succeed in this coming season of racing in Europe.

Ozone friendly - Nasa Powered
lunchbox
Posting Freak

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 08:01 AM

Quote:

Peter Lynn prototype racekite

Can you provide any information on this (i.e. name, eta of production model, etc)?

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards
andya

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox
Quote:

Peter Lynn prototype racekite

Can you provide any information on this (i.e. name, eta of production model, etc)?

Nope sorry info is very thin, beyond the PL was doing VERY well at the recent Eurocup ...

You'll have seen these before ...

ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 19-8-2008 at 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andya
Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ

In tests with the top racers in the UK the Pansh Sprint is outpacing the older Raptor derivatives - Century and Butane, and keeping pace with the Yaks.

To be honest these are not the targets for the Pansh Sprint. It need to be up there with the 2009 kites, Mark2 Bridle Combat, the Gin Tonkawa, Libre Spirit and Peter Lynn prototype racekite, if its to succeed in this coming season of racing in Europe.

maybe so in the UK ... but in Germany the U-Turns are high on the list. see recent news: http://u-turn.de/2006/popup.php?next=popup_news.php&id=1...

no offense, but i cant see top riders dropping their selected brands to fly Pansh. I've seen the quality of Pansh, and I've seen Strasher blew one up. I've heard people say good and bad things, for the most part. When I get kites, i'd like to put lines / handles on it and fly, than spend hours fixing bridle lenghts.

I'm sure the kite protos are good, but when it comes down to China mass production there will be misses. I've been to the factories in china, I even know a few of the owners through my family. Its cheap labour, so they arent to the highest standard.

This isnt a debate about which kite is better.

andya

[*] posted on 19-8-2008 at 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites

maybe so in the UK ... but in Germany the U-Turns are high on the list. see recent news: http://u-turn.de/2006/popup.php?next=popup_news.php&id=1...

The U-Turn Nitro Evo2 is a great top flight race kite. No question.

I was simply saying the Butane is an older generation racekite kite (like Centurys and Razors). But like you say, it is still often used at lower levels, in club, standard and junior racing to good effect, where the greater stability of these older racekites can be of benefit.

So to add extra words to my original reply ...

"To be honest these older generation racekites are not the targets for the Pansh Sprint. It needs to be up there with the 2009 (and current)race kites,
  1. Revised Bridle Combat,
  2. Yak GT,
  3. Gin Tonkawa,
  4. Libre Spirit,
  5. UTurn Nitro Evo2
  6. Peter Lynn prototype racekite,
  7. ....

if its to succeed in this coming season of racing in Europe
Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
This isnt a debate about which kite is better.

agreed, the Race circuit is the place to decide that ....

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio