Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh Ace 8.0
TheNotoriousZ28

[*] posted on 17-8-2008 at 10:53 PM
Pansh Ace 8.0

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I own a 3m Blade and just got my 2nd. I've flown a few kites of varying sizes so I have a small understanding of how the wind moves.

I purchased an 8 meter Ace from Dakitez on Ebay and I'm really happy with the purchase so far. Great price, shipping, and response time; Thanks again D - I'll be buying more from you definitely. I got the deal with the KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s and upgraded HQ handles... Very solid, spend the extra $20 people!

I've had a chance to take the Ace out about 3 days in a row each in different fields.
I wont go into alot of detail since
BurritoBandit's review is pretty thorough.

It surprised me w/ turbulence control tho.... It performed what I thought was unusually well near tall trees and hills. I brought it within 2 feet of a few large trees (behind the tree, blocked from the wind) in sub 8mph winds and held it without a stall... at least until the wind died to about 1-2 mph, it still kept shape long enough to avoid and land her smoothly.

She does like to luff, don't let me tell you otherwise. Flown actively it's not much of a problem tho except under 5 mph wind.

The bridles are sticky but usually grabbing the brake in one hand and power in the other and pulling apart fast snaps them apart.
The bridles aren't as sticky and stiff as they were when first pulled from the package tho. They tangle ALOT less the third time out flying. Sometimes the brake likes to bowtie with the power but in these low wind conditions that was sorta expected. Flying from 6-8pm - Wind conditions in my area (Chicago)

Great power out of this Ace, very consistent pull. Got the slightest 4 foot lofty jump with these garbage winds, keep in mind Im 6'2, 240 lbs. They were gusty at best and far from constant but there were a few loooooong rides. Not quite enough wind for the ATB tho. IF they were constant then it would've been.

Does ANYONE that owns a Pansh actually use that stuffsack tho? I can barely fold it up into my duffel bag easily lol. Works well to stash some sandwiches/drinks/pot in!!!

All in all I'm quite happy with the kite I got for the price. She misbehaves a bit but a bit of tough love is all she needs!
I can't wait to get some steady 15+ mph winds!!!!

Anyone have any tweaks/mods done to this kite or a similar one??
f0rgiv3n
Posting Freak

Mood: Throw caution to the wind.

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 11:28 AM

Quote:

Does ANYONE that owns a Pansh actually use that stuffsack tho? I can barely fold it up into my duffel bag easily lol. Works well to stash some sandwiches/drinks in!!!

I do! :P I've got the 5m and i use the stuff sack. it works fine if your hands/forearms aren't sweaty but if they are then it is really tough to get the lines in there without them coming back out while parapacking. at least it's nice and small when done! :lol:

Kites:PL Hornet 2.0m, 15m Synergy
Dakine Pyro Harness
Rides: MBS Comp 16 Pro, Sector9 Longboard, Forum Snowboard
And always a helmet
My Kiting Blog
harddrive8

Mood: I feel like a kid waiting on Santa Clause!!!

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 12:32 PM

I use my stuff sacks that my Pansh kites came in as well. I've never had a problem getting the kites folded back small enough to fit. I don't parapack my kites due to an abundance and tangles on almost all of my attempts. I usually just wind the lines around the handles and then roll the handles up with the kite itself. It's similar to repacking a tent for hiking. I also have several stuff sacks like what is used for camping I can throw the kite in if I need to rush to get it packed.

HQ Beamer III 1.4m
HQ Beamer III 3.0m
Pansh Legend 4.5m
kitedemon

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 03:30 PM

Mine blew away the first day... :no:

KC262
Ozone Access 4m,6m, 10m, Razor 5.5, Sammi 2m,Profoil 1, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, Cooper 4.4, HQ Beamer 3.6, Pkd Buster 2m, 4m, Pansh Ace 5m, JoJo rm 3m, Best Tempest 17m, Flexifoil Fusion 18.5m,Blurr 3.5, Flexifoil Flexdeck, PL Comp XR+, WindDragon MaxC
www.fotki.com/alexchisholm
TheNotoriousZ28

[*] posted on 18-8-2008 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kitedemon
Mine blew away the first day... :no:
+

LOL I had to fetch mine from about 200 yards downwind on my first day out too ... But for the price who cares anyway?

I use your technique to pack up as well, Harddrive. I must not have the skills it takes to parapack either cus that ends up frustrating me when it comes time to untangle and fly!

I have a newbie question here. Can I remove one or two of the BRAKE bridle lines or would that be a no no? Would that help get the kite up in lower wind conditions or is this theory of mine sound retarded? I'm sure something similar has been done... what would be the Pro's/Con's?
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 19-8-2008 at 04:22 PM

hook your sack to your ground stake and it acts as a wind direction sock :thumbup:
flexiblade

[*] posted on 19-8-2008 at 08:46 PM

never unhook your brakes unless you want to make landing your kite a real challenge. You may need to adjust the brakes a bit - make sure there is a bit of slack in them - if the brakes are too tight the kite will be very difficult to launch.

we all believe is called the expansion
TheNotoriousZ28

[*] posted on 19-8-2008 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flexiblade
never unhook your brakes unless you want to make landing your kite a real challenge. You may need to adjust the brakes a bit - make sure there is a bit of slack in them - if the brakes are too tight the kite will be very difficult to launch.

I believe that I've dialed in the brakes the best I could BUT I was curious about modding for even lower wind condition flying.
flexiblade

[*] posted on 20-8-2008 at 07:13 PM

You and me as well. The area that I fly in is gusty at best - a 5mph day will be: on (5mph) off (0mph). With the ace it likes a good consistent wind - choppy winds will have the kite collapsing into itself and making a mess out of the bridles. The only solution that I have found for this so far is to go someplace that has consistent winds - that's why I'm usually headed off to Ocean Beach in S.F. so much - going there this weekend. Have a good one - sorry I couldn't be of more help.

we all believe is called the expansion
TheNotoriousZ28

[*] posted on 21-8-2008 at 12:33 AM

Ill just take the extra 15 mins and drive to the more open fields I guess.

I looked up a few bridle mods but most of them looked really complicated and take 3-4 hours... Im definitely not ready for that lol It'll leave me :spin::puzzled::singing:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio