Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pegasus Chimera 3.5
kitedog

Mood: patiently waiting

[*] posted on 15-3-2009 at 07:44 AM
Pegasus Chimera 3.5

Hey!

I bought this kite on ebay last year and finally got the chance (was so bored with nothing to do) to take it out in some very light wind. I put the bar and lines from the Rage 2.5 sans triple A on it and it appears to be quite friendly. Similar shape to an Access. I'm looking forward to trying it with the bug. Anyone have any experience with these kites?

FS Pulse 2 6
FS Unity 10
FS Speed 3 DLX 12 & 15
FS SA Psycho 4 19
Mystic Warrior 2
MBS Pro 90
Flexifoil Buggy Mk1
Nobile Mark Shinn 133x42
Liquid Force 140x44 WLF LTD
Roush custom skimboard
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-3-2009 at 11:29 AM

I expect you bought it from ( oops ) Emily,

She moved here a few years ago From Wales and was rep for Pegasus. She had to move on before anyone local bought her kites due to immigration issues. She returned to Van. but never came out with us once she did. Her and Pablo were very tight.

She and I went to the Montana Snowkite Rodeo. In 4 days I never saw her manage to fly a single kite ? The kite itself looked O.K. but she seemed to have endless troubles with lines + bridles ? I'm pretty sure Pegasus make paragliders so I expect that a lot of the troubles had more to do with the care kept in packing up ? They looked like good kites !

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
kitedog

[*] posted on 15-3-2009 at 01:14 PM

Pretty sure that's who I got it from. Too funny. The kite is in good shape. The lines and bar it came with was lousy though. The flexi set-up seems to work pretty well. I like these small fixed bridles in the crappy inland winds we have here. This looks like it will be a good addition to my quiver. I'll report more when I have a chance to put it to work.

FS Pulse 2 6
FS Unity 10
FS Speed 3 DLX 12 & 15
FS SA Psycho 4 19
Mystic Warrior 2
MBS Pro 90
Flexifoil Buggy Mk1
Nobile Mark Shinn 133x42
Roush custom skimboard
sid-the-sloth

[*] posted on 15-3-2009 at 02:28 PM

Ive had the 8.5m and the 6.5m Chimera and liked em both. The "WingWarp" bridle can be removed to make it a fixed bridle kite . ( if its already on) It was an option to buy it without or with the WingWarp.
Once connected and set up its a sweet kite , and has lift too, if you want it. Quality as well, with lots of internal rib reinforcments.
Yeh, Pegas make paragliders too.

Only got rid as needed cash

Had too many kites to mention, and settled with some worn out old cheapo kites, buggy and board
kitedog

[*] posted on 15-3-2009 at 03:33 PM

I don't think this thing has the wingwarp. Seems like a pretty stout kite though. Can't wait to try it out in some wind. I'm having a serious kiting jones right now!

FS Pulse 2 6
FS Unity 10
FS Speed 3 DLX 12 & 15
FS SA Psycho 4 19
Mystic Warrior 2
MBS Pro 90
Flexifoil Buggy Mk1
Nobile Mark Shinn 133x42
Roush custom skimboard

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio