Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh Ace vs. Pansh Blaze
justonia19

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 02:26 AM
Pansh Ace vs. Pansh Blaze

Comparing these two kites with similar sizes, which one is the better overall kite? Which one has the best lift, power, stability, turning ability? Please enter a brief description why you chose that kite.

Pansh Ace 3.5m
Royal Era 12m ***FOR SALE!***
Dakine Tabu waist harness
Liquid Force Lithium 145
furbowski
Posting Freak

Mood: stuck on a small island with big trees and tiny beaches...

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 02:33 AM

bit more complicated than that... the blaze comes in two kinds, a depowerable (the blaze II) and i think the blaze I is a normal 4-line.

I've not flown either of the blazes, so can't compare for you... But I'm about to have a wee sunset sesh with my 5m ace, still my go to kite for fun static in winds too light to boost me off the ground with the 6.5 or the 8!

have fun with your new beast, be careful if you take it out in gusty strong winds tho!!!!

fixed bridles, flying static, been two years now... ??? folks must be wondering....

sting 1.7, dp power 2.5, crossfire 3.2, ace 5, blade iv 6.5, ace 8, ace 12...

also a couple of arcs, 12 syn and 12 phanny, but i\'m not yet up to speed on them.

(13.11.09)
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 07:56 AM

Lift, ace wins
Power, ace wins
Stability, Blaze ?
Turn ability , Ace ?

The ace is the faster more lifty kite. More for intermediate / advanced fliers.

The blaze is a basic pattern so more forgiving to a beginer / intermedite .

IMHO

I would go with a different make if this is your 1st kite and you can find a bit more money.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 09:27 AM

the ace takes 3 out of 4 of your requirements. The blaze is more stable than the ace. The smaller blaze 5m and down turn fine but the 7m up are extremely slow turners.

Buy a blade it hands down beats them both in all 4 of your requirements. If you can't afford a new one ... get one used.
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 16-3-2009 at 10:57 AM

pulley handles are made to help the turning ablility of a slow 7 meter for sure.
lek

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 09:32 AM

Ace can jump easy

Blaze can't jump it's traction and Stability
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lek
Ace can jump easy

I wouldn't say you can't jump ... its just a little more challenging. I have seen people jump wih pansh legends and Hq beamers in the right winds :wee:
USA_Eli_A
Posting Freak

Mood: Ozone For Life

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 09:45 AM

:thumbdown:

everything the members are saying is GOOD!

BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-4-2009 at 10:00 AM

I'm not a Pansh fan at all but there is some chatter on another forum about a guy who flew an ace and sold his 4.9 Blade. I know, I find it hard to believe but this came out after another guy posted about how happy he was with his 6m Ace. Then others that fly Flexi almost exclusively said that the Ace does comparatively well with bigger name brands. Either this is a "to each his own" type thing or Pansh has improved their Ace since I owned one. I sold my Ace to BUY a Blade.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
12get12

[*] posted on 29-4-2009 at 04:19 PM

I'm pretty partial to ACE because it's the only Kite I fly. I learned from a Pansh 5.0M ACE. I now own an 2.5, 3.5 and 5.0M ACE. Where I fly, I used the 3.5M the most.

I didn't know that the ACE is not for beginner but after learning how to fly the ACE, everything else should be a walk in the park right?

Kite Landboarding Gear:
Pansh... Yeah it\'s cheap but I\'m happy with it!.

Pansh Blue and Yellow Ace 2.5M
Pansh Black and Red Ace 3.5M
Pansh Black and Red Ace 5M
MBS Comp 16 ---- (SOLD)
MBS Comp 95 ---- (I love this board)

BLOKART W/3M SAIL
tennisllama

[*] posted on 1-5-2009 at 07:20 AM

so the ace sounds pretty decent and especially for its price. I live in kansas and its usually anywhere from 5 to 30 mph wind. How big of kite should I get? Just for landboarding and jumping around on....Thanks!
soccerflyer

Mood: Wanting to Jump!

[*] posted on 1-5-2009 at 02:23 PM

Tennis, I have an Ace 5M. I will let you try it ( in the right winds ) Then you can get a taste of wether you like it or not. I have a 3M Blaze that Dakitez sold me and I LOVE it! It is easy to fly and a lot of fun, and has TONS of pull in high winds. You can scud all over the place with it.

I just got a Ace 5M and am still learning on it. The first day I took it out the leader broke when I was in the air on a jump and I came crashing down. I wasn't hurt ( I wasn't very high) but it scared me. I have yet to take it out again. I have to muster up the courage and wait for a low wind day. I think once I master redirection I will love it! I plan on fixing the handles so I can have two kites to fly again without having to switch things up.

From the little experience I have with the Ace it is a LOT more difficult to fly. I got mine used and I am wondering if all the bridles are in good shape. I need to fly with a more experienced kiter and let them take a look at it for me.

I think if it was adjusted a little bit it might fly a lot better.

Pansh Blaze 3M
Best Waroo 9M
GI AK 103
Mystic Seat Harness
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 1-5-2009 at 03:03 PM

soccerflyer,

You are good people!!! its great when someone helps out like you are, I hope he takes you up on your offer to fly before he buys...

About your handles, let Dakitez know and he'll take good care of you one way or another... ask him about them HQ handles, and if you have a lil coin laying around get the Flexi handles, ssooooo cush!!!

Them Pansh handles aren't too safe for jump'n, they have a tendency to cut at the hole where it passes through the handle after a bit of use...

tennisllama & justonia19
As far as starting out (Blaze vs. Ace) in an inexpensive kite I'd suggest the Blaze first, and you should take a look at the HQ Beamer IV and the Peter Lynn Hornet both slamming kites for the $$$... you will not regret getting a kite like this because you will get more kites later, then get the more advanced kites... then you can start others off the right way also and a fantastic back up kite for those days you cant jump due to conditions...

Good luck and be safe!!!

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
lek

[*] posted on 10-5-2009 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
Quote:
Originally posted by lek
Ace can jump easy

I wouldn't say you can't jump ... its just a little more challenging. I have seen people jump wih pansh legends and Hq beamers in the right winds :wee:

Sorry I should tell Blaze can jump but difficult or lift a little bit only but the right wind and high wind it's can jump and fast to fall
USA_Eli_A
Posting Freak

Mood: Ozone For Life

[*] posted on 10-5-2009 at 10:20 AM

flow

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio