Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The final build
scott laney

[*] posted on 30-12-2004 at 05:26 PM
The final build

well, I've finally put my 'doomwheels' together. My best piece of advice is to find a good machine shop. That's the only problem that held me back, temporarily.

Anyways, northertool's the place for wheels. 4 1/2" axles and support rails. I used nylon spacers that I bought at the hardware store. They came with an inside diameter of a quarter inch and the others a half inch. They also come in increments of quarter, half, and one inch. I found this to be more precise, and stronger, than PVC or aluminum cut by hand.

I used aluminum cut to length for the spacers between the rail chassis.

I feel that my 5m samaurai is going to give me a run for my money. even after many many years of rollerblading these things are slightly awkward. But I'm getting the hang of them and skated about 3/4 of a mile a few days back. It's kinda like cross country skiing.

One last recommendation - Find boots that are extremely snug around your ankles and that can tighten up really well.

under chassis.JPG - 574kB
lotsascabs

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 31-12-2004 at 10:44 AM

I would definitly take a hacksaw to cut off the excess bolts.
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 08:41 AM

Looks like a great build! Yes, either cut down your excess bolt ends or put some vinyl end caps over them. Good job lining up your wheels and boot. Next, let's see some action pics!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio