Power Kite Forum

U-turn Butane 2.5m

BeamerBob - 20-5-2014 at 06:24 PM

I bought a 2.5m Uturn Butane from Andy Mcmahon in UK and finally got to fly it today. You never know when flying a racy kite if it's going to be a pain to fly, folding up at the nose and collapsing all the time, or darting around so you don't know which way it's going to go next. I was pleasantly surprised that this kite sat rock solid keeping going the way I had it pointed at all times. Even at 55+ mph I didn't have to watch it. It has an adjustable bridle and I turned it up one notch to see if it would go faster and run a bit more forward in the window, but it seems Andy had it set perfectly as the kite didn't seem to "hook up" with the wind quite as well. I reset it back to where he had it for next time. I did loosen the brakes about 3 inches so the handles run perpendicular to the kite. I put in 60 miles with it and had a high speed of 58.2 mph. I have loads of video and will pick a choice run or two and post it up when I get the data from a friend who's camera I was running. It's one that puts the speedo info on the video screen. Thanks Andy for a great deal on a fantastic kite.

ssayre - 20-5-2014 at 06:50 PM

I hadn't heard of that one before. It says they are easily converted to depower. Were you on fb or depow? I assume handles? Sounds like an interesting kite from reading about it.

BeamerBob - 20-5-2014 at 07:28 PM

It was fixed bridle on handles. A "proper kite" as the Brits call it.:)