Power Kite Forum

07 Yarga?

NPWfever - 26-7-2008 at 06:27 PM

Hey I love my stuff, but lets face it, it's crap, I can live with the Boxer, and the Bomba, but I can't kite on an 8 year old S-ARC, I mean for snow, okay maybe, but if I am realisticly going to be in this sport I need better kites. So, right now Best is holding a 3 for 2 deal on the 07 Yarga, and I really like the idea of being able to switch from a C to a hybrid kite. I don't have too much $ to throw around at this point, but my parents are seeing the reality of me kiting on old stuff is dangerous. So I think I can weasel some $$$ out of them. So should I sell the Bomba and buy a 13m a 9m and another 9m and sell the second 9?

But heres the other side, I am mainly a land kiter, I am out on snow figure 40% of the time, land 40%, and water 20% of the time, so is it really practical to have an LEI? Snow is cool, water is cool, but what about grass fields?

UUUGGHHH.....this is such a hard decision, I love my Bomba but a 17m is a huge kite, does it really fit in anywhere? The Boxer is nice, and idk what I would really do with that, it kinda overlaps a 13+9 quiver. And an 8 year old kite is a pile of ripstop really.

HELP ME!!!!!!!! :lol:

_____ - 26-7-2008 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NPWfever
I don't have too much $ to throw around at this point, but my parents are seeing the reality of me kiting on old stuff is dangerous. So I think I can weasel some $$$ out of them.

Hahaha I read that out loud and my mom asked if you were my brother because that sounded just like somthing I would say :lol:

kiteNH - 26-7-2008 at 07:03 PM

If you're only on water 20% then I don't think you really want 2 to get two LEI's. Have you ever flown an 07 Best Yarga? If not you might not want to make such a big investment. I'm not sure that its really that good a deal because as part of the 3 for 2 they have you paying full retail them. So you're paying $2400 for a 13 and 2 9's. Then you sell one 9 for what $500, maybe $600 if you're really lucky. Now you have two kites and 1 bar (the deal said it only came with 2) for $1800. Do you really want to pay $900 a pop for kites that are about to be 2 years old already? I think that you could do much better than that really. For that kind of loot you should be SURE that this is a kite that you're going to be happy with because I think you'll take a huge loss on them when you sell them second hand also.

I think you're probably feeling the impulse on this one because it looks like a good deal. I'm guessing that a kite or two in your quiver could be a result of jumping on a kite because of the great price rather than because it was the one you were really dreaming about. :rolleyes:

You could get a brand new Frenzy 9m and used 6m Access as another more land based option for that money as well. I don't think I'd want to do all that pumping when it wasn't really needed. Foils just seem easier on land and like a much more robust and durable option. Plus the Ozone depowers really hold their value well. .

If you do so much flying on land, but want to hit the water too then maybe a Flysurfer should be in your future? For about the $1800 you could buy Dom's 2 FS quiver. I've never flown FS so can't really advocate them but I do know that lots of people swear by them.

Here is a starter kit that caught my eye (but I decided against). Not sure if its even still available but it seems like a lot of kite for a $1000. http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-9709.html

Also, this add here made me think of you NPW! Your kind of mixed bag of tricks....:lol::lol:
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-9643.html

manitoulinkiter1 - 26-7-2008 at 08:13 PM

HI.

Just my 2 cents, but I mostly fly inflatables, and I use them on land for landboarding. I have never had any trouble with them, but I use bow or sle kites and just let go if I'm going to crash. That way the kite hits the ground depowered. I don't do much jumping on the landboard tough and don't crash the kite to often either.
If I was in your position I would consider that Yargas are C kites and have a limited wind range. A bow kite or sle like a waroo or bularoo in 11 or 12 meter range will have the same wind range or very close to the 2 Yargas. You can pick one up an 07 for about 500 bucks, and if you dont like it you could sell it for close to that.
I have a waroo, but haven't used it a lot but it's a good kite so far. A sligshot turbo deisel or Cabrihna switchblade or crossbow are also exellent bow kites.
Hope this helps just my thoughts

Jon

burritobandit - 30-7-2008 at 12:09 PM

Also you can get those yargas way cheaper here:

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BST0014/Best-Kiteboa...

Bularoos are cheaper here:
http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BST0013/Best-Kiteboa...

You can actually luck out on steepandcheap.com and find those kites even CHEAPER than the prices above, but you have to play the waiting game :/

barnes - 30-7-2008 at 12:53 PM

the 9 and 13 quiver I'm trying to build is of SLEs that have much better depower then the Yargas, the C kite.

Look for 06 Cabrinah, Ozone, Flexifoil SLEs, which will go for around $400. A 9 and a 13 is what I'm going to use, and pretty much everyone I've talked to is using.