Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Has anyone tried the Pansh 5.5m Adam on sale for $99?
duvetion

[*] posted on 13-5-2014 at 04:26 PM

The Aurora suffers from a non adjustable mixer. From What I can gather the earlier ones even had the wrong sized bridles attached? There are quite a few people that are happy with theirs. There are alot of tuning things that even for Flysurfer are not entirely apparent, well atleast for me for a long time. I wouldn't have considered Pansh a real comparison to Flysurfer until I witnessed a few faulty Flysurfers first hand. When you think about it how much does Flysurfer pay the factory in China per kite? What are you actually getting? Flysurfers are clearly better designed, but for construction with Pansh is close. Obviously Flysurfer spends alot on R&D and makes a large profit on the kites themself. Factor in middlemen and taxes, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pansh gets the same money or more per kite as Flysurfers China factory.

This deal is about the best value bit of kitesurfing kit I have ever bought.
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 09:04 AM

Its raining here today and can't fly so I decided to share some thoughts about 3.5m Adam, Ozone Turbo bar and UHMWPE line from Pansh....its costly to buy new line and bar but I don't like to share bar and line with my Hydra2....because Hydra2 line is thin and might break in the long term use with bigger and powerful Adam.....I tested my new line and bar with Adam yesterday with light windspeed of less than 12kph but more than 7kph as AccuWeather.com shown......initial set-up is tricky because you need to balance the front control lines to the brake lines.......launches like a depower kite, where you pull the middle line that attached to your harness instead of the bar handle.....brake input is in the bar by pulling the bar left or right......turning speed is the one very noticeable using Turbo bar.....my kite turns like my Jetski......very agile and in very small turning radius.....Not easy to launch unlike my Hydra2, but very playful and fun to fly static like my old stunt kite......and the UHMWPE line is very slippery like a dental floss...seemed perfect for water kiting..........Next time its sunny and more windy, I'll try to tweak the break input in the Turbo bar.....some people said that when you pull-in the Turbo bar, the kite should depower???.....and pulling out towards the kite will power up???.......So if that is the case, where should the bar stays in zero power zone?....and still can accept left and right input at the same time?:puzzled:

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades
Jetski (2010 Seadoo GTX); for windless days

idm

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 10:18 AM

Hi,
I have been out for my 2. Flight with my pansh Adam 5,5 kite witch I recived for aproximatly a Monthe ago. It was not what I Can Call a succes:(
AS soon as it comes up it falls Down to the ground. I have good kite skills but this one is giving me trouble.
Did somebody actually fly succesfully with this kite ? Is it a good kite as they say at PANSH ?
/Khalid

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 01:28 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pansh.

If it is backing down and the wind is strong enough - 8mph or more odds are you have too much break input somehow.

Check that your fly lines are all equal. Be sure you are holding the handles so there is no break input. Fly lines between your index and middle finger with bottom of handle toward kite?

Try flying it as a 2 line with no break lines. If it won't fly right as a 2 line then you need to inspect the bridle.

It's a trainer , as in it will train you how to tune a kite . :evil:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
idm

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 02:03 PM

Thanks...
I use a bare. The brak lines are loose. I have no problem using the same bare and lines with an other kite ( not from Pansh).
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 04:23 PM

Hmmmmm ,

almost sounds like a bridle issue ?
You should try it on 2 lines.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
skimtwashington
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 04:30 PM

Quote:

I have no problem using the same bare and lines with an other kite ( not from Pansh).

Hmmmn...that's a bad indication.

The brand is called 'Pansh' because that is the sound it makes when it falls back down to the ground trying to launch it:lol:

There have been disagreement about Pansh quality- argued on past threads here. But too many testimonials of problems that I have read., not to believe some Quality Control problems.

One knowledgeable respected veteran has told me of what appears to be at least a quality control in bridal construction in years past that had made Pansh hit and miss....... This may still occasionally occur.......... but same person said it is not as bad.

BUT.... on the other hand... I did try a friends Adam 5.5 and it flew just fine.

I say if you have properly tested it( and fly lines are fine) and it still won't work right...send it back to Pansh and say it's defective and make them send another( or another after that if a repeat problem). Eventually you WILL get one that flies just fine....

Do what Bladerunner says ANYWAY(make sure all fly lines are same length) just to be sure-even though lines work fine w/ another of your kites.
Kiteflyer933

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 07:03 PM

Additional tip/tutorial, make sure the bridle setting are properly arrange in both sides...no tangle and equal length in both side.....better if you will post a picture of the bridle and short video of your problem....the experts can spot the problem if there is any...right away....like my pics in the page one....taken from my iPhone 4s (5mb)....it can be enlarge to show full detail....Cheers, kite experts are here to help!

Kites:
HQ Matrixx - 9m
HQ Montana 4 - 9.5m
HQ Hydra 2 - 3.5m
Pansh Adam - 5.5m
old Stunt Kite

Toys:
downhill Skis
Ski blades
Jetski (2010 Seadoo GTX); for windless days

idm

[*] posted on 7-6-2014 at 11:06 PM

Thanks for your help:thumbup:
I Will control the lines length and bridle stand and i Will try to fly the kite as 2 lines next time I am out.
Cheers
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio